- Salesforce Certified Administrator - April 2022
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I - May 2022
- Superbadge Apex Specialist - June 2022
- Superbadge LWC Specialist - June 2022
- Salesforce profile
The HTML link above is a demonstration of storing data in XML format and modifying its appearance using XSL so that it looks like the Word version, but in the HTML format.
Mobile: 07731 471 284
I have now accepted a permanent position, no longer looking for a new role.
Clearance to CTC level in 2005
About the Creation of this Website
After attending a four-day training course on AngularJS (version 1), I decided it was time to completely overhaul my portfolio website which I first started in 2008. To replace the server side includes (to stop having repeated code) I used Angular's partials. I have a history of over 80 contracts which I want visitors to see but not cause the web page to be unnecessarily delayed in plotting. So I decided to plot just the first four on page load and then use infiniteScroll (an AngularJS plugin) to keep adding more contracts as the user scrolls down to the bottom of the page.
April 2018 update - added the small animation library AOS (Animate on Scroll) https://github.com/michalsnik/aos. There are a multitude of animation styles and I apply these in a random manner to each contract to show off the variety of animation styles.
- Carousel Demonstrator - Plotting my contract data from out of a JSON file using AngularJS into a list form and then using object oriented JS to make an accessible carousel of the list.
- AngularJS Table - A coding exercise using AngularJS to show how a table can be re-ordered alphabetically on a column or filtered by a search term. The table data comes from a JSON file.
- Google Map Exercise - A coding exercise to show how JSON can be used to plot the location of my past contracts. Used AngularJS. For comparison I also applied the same data and made an OpenStreetMap version. The first version of this map coding exercise was done with XML and jQuery.
- Animation examples.
Play Lotto animation - Camelot. Replaced the JS animations with CSS3 transitions.
University league tables 2019 - The Guardian. Twelve items animating in sync using CSS3.
1E Windows 7 Campaign - TribalSpring. Animations done with jQuery, also features page transitions.
- Christian - Handyman - For my son Christian who works as a handyman, a portfolio site that shows of his skills in photos and video. Simple styling, used Bootstrap to handle the responsive behaviour.
- Key Changer - A tool for guitarists, set the chords you currently have for a song, click on the plus or minus buttons to see how they would change with the use of a capo.
- REST API Integration
- HTML4 & 5
- CSS2 & 3
Web Dev. Techniques
- Responsive web coding
- Semantic HTML
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Progressive enhancement / Graceful degradation
- Cross browser compatibility
- Unit Testing
Web Dev. Tools
- Visual Studio Code
- Rational Application Developer (Eclipse)
- Sublime Text 3
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2017, 2008, 2005
- CSE HTML Validator
- SourceTree - a GUI for Git
- TortoiseSVN / TortoiseGit
- Visual SourceSafe
- Subversion / SVN
- Beyond Compare
- Mantis Bug Tracker
- JIRA bug tracking system
- Bugzilla bug tracking system
- FileZilla - FTP
- XAMPP - web server
- Episerver - CMS
- Kentico - CMS
- TeamSite - CMS
- WordPress - CMS
- Elementor - WordPress plugin for creating pages
- Salesforce - four trails completed - profile
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe XD
- Macromedia Fireworks
- Jasc Paint Shop Pro
- The GIMP ver 2.2
- Macromedia Director/Lingo
- Intelamedia Dazzler
- Microsoft PowerPoint
DVD Authoring & Video Encoding
- Spruce DVDMaestro
- Adobe Encore DVD
- BitPack Encoder
- Sonic Creator Encoder
- FutureTel MPEGWorks Pro
- Discreet Cleaner XL
Video & Audio Editing
- Avid Media Composer V9.0 on NT
- Syntrillium Cool Edit
A set of standards that I adhere to.
- Hired.com - Front end assessment - 83%
- LinkedIn Skill Assessment Badge - HTML - top 5% of 993k people who took the test.
- LinkedIn Skill Assessment Badge - CSS - top 5% of 669k people who took the test.
- LinkedIn Skill Assessment Badge - jQuery - top 5% of 145k people who took the test.
- LinkedIn Skill Assessment Badge - JSON - top 30% of 264k people who took the test.
- IKM test on HTML5 - Score:86%. Percentile:73%.
- Aquent Gymnasium - Responsive Web Design course - assessment test score 96%.
- Brainbench test in CSS2 - Attained top 10 percentile.
- A list of the coding tests that I have done in the past.